Currently closed to submissions.
Launched in 1999, Popcorn Press has been my venue for experimental publishing. It has published off-brand works by established authors, poetry collections I admire, and fiction and poetry by first-time authors.
In that last capacity, it has introduced those new writers to the publication process: submitting works, communicating with editors, accepting critique, revising, and understanding copyright.
You’ll find Popcorn Press’s publications listed under the “Shop > Books” section of the menu above.
Although the business is currently closed to submissions, I still love seeing new writers be published!
Toward that end, I recommend reading the following:
- Stephen King’s On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft,
- Ray Bradbury’s Zen in the Art of Writing,
- Mary Oliver’s A Poetry Handbook,
- Kim Addonizio & Dorianne Laux’s The Poet’s Companion, and
- Michael J. Bugeja’s Poet’s Guide—for advice on performing, getting published, and self-publishing. (The book that launched Popcorn Press!)
As a head start, may I suggest the free essay “The GUP Method for Creative Writing” on this website?