From Origins award winning designer Lester Smith, with former Dragon Magazine editor Dale A. Donovan—and 21 contributing authors—comes an innovative one-stat role-playing game featuring:
- Five-minute character creation.
- Quick-and-easy tactical combat rules.
- Endless setting possibilities
The D6xD6 role-playing game is centered on a single stat, Focus. The more skills you choose, the higher your character’s Focus number. Choose just a few skills, and your character is very focused. Choose many, and your character becomes a jack-of-all-trades.
Task rolls are 1d6 x 1d6. Roll high for things you know well; low for things you don’t. That single roll serves as both level of success and turn order, making combat quick and easy.
New settings are continually being added—based on the licensed worlds of popular authors. And the game is easily adaptable to whatever genre you please.
Softbound Core Rules
The 72-page core rules book contains all the game rules, plus five sample settings, each of which adds a new layer of character abilities specific to that world:
- L’Académie des Arcanes: “In a modern world secretly threatened by fée magic, one nation dares to guard the doorway between realms and police the supernatural. Do you have what it takes to join them?” Includes formulas for designing your own magic spells.
- Blood Type: “When a biotech company’s virus reaches the general populace, horrific results ensue, based on each person’s blood type.” Includes rules for enhanced strength, speed, and senses, based on blood type, and at the cost of blood frenzy.
- Ghost of a Chance: “Adventure as the spirits of people who have died before their appointed time.” Includes ghostly powers, and ghostly frailties.
- The World of Esfah: Play characters in the war-torn high fantasy world of the Origins-award-winning Dragon Dice game, with options to use actual Dragon Dice.
- The World of Zero: In the telepathically linked underground hive of Queen Zero, free thinking cannot be tolerated, which makes your character a target for termination.
Hardbound Expanded Edition
The 200-page expanded edition contains all the best-selling core game rules and settings (L’Académie des Arcanes, Blood Type, The World of Esfah, Ghost of a Chance, and The World of Zero), plus 21 additional settings from a range of genres, including the worlds of popular fantasy, sci-fi, and horror novelists:
Each setting adds a new layer of character abilities specific to that world. Or you can mix and match to create settings of your own!
For a draft of the core rules, a set of five sample settings, and further information about the additional 21 worlds (including links to free fiction ebooks), visit www.d6xd6.com.