The rules below use a standard poker deck.
For the illustrated print edition visit Lester Smith Games on DriveThruCards.com.
Wolf-Man’s Curse is a card game for 3 to 8 players using a standard poker deck. Each player takes the role of someone bitten by a werewolf, and who transforms into a bloodthirsty beast at each full moon. The goal of the game is to
- Avoid being killed by the angry mob of villagers (club cards),
- Avoid being hanged by Scotland Yard (spade cards),
- Avoid killing innocents (heart cards), and
- Get rich in the meantime (diamond cards).
The winner is the wealthiest surviving wolf-man at game’s end.
Preparing to Play
- Separate the number cards from the face cards and jokers.
- Shuffle the number cards together.
- Shuffle the face cards and jokers together.
- Create a score sheet by writing “clubs,” “spades,” “hearts,” and “diamonds” (in that order) across the top of a piece of paper and listing the players’ names down the left side.
Game play is divided into “months” (each a hand of 5 number cards) with 3 full-moon “nights” (each the play of 1 card).